Any moms out there who know of any legit work from home programs?

I recently got laid off on 6/19/09. I am dreading going back to the rat race; considering my last year of work was so stressful....lots of bad "politics". We've been having a lot of issues with my 15 yr old daughter and my 17 yr old son in the past 9-12 months. My daughter has a lot of emotional baggage and my son is Autistic. It's a pretty stressful situation. I just felt if I worked from home, I would be home more for them, where it seems they need me right now. Any suggestions?
Thank you and God bless!!

three4mom2002

Asked by three4mom2002 at 2:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• m-avi

I have a couple of ideas for you. 

1)  I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom:    Work at Home Series

2)  I have compiled a listing of computer jobs in my Blog, both Paypal paying jobs and other.  You can check that list out here:    Mavi's Home Work Blog
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:42 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• You can join here for free and join a team concept buisiness.This is great for people who are new to internet marketing.You can join for free here and earn $5 per referral.

http://www.all-teamed-up.com/?amandab
    Mandy1974

Answer by Mandy1974 at 5:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Good Morning, there are different ways to guage what the best business for you is. I am sending you a pm.
    Blessings to you too!

Marianne
    Marianne531

Answer by Marianne531 at 6:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• HI there. Staying home would be so freeing for you and your children. I love being here for my daughter!! I am with Ameriplan and we get to help people both SAVE and MAKE money. You won't have to worry about LAy offs since it is your OWN business :) They offer Daily Pay~Benefits~401K~Direct Deposit~Training and tons of support. Plus NO cold calling or selling :) Let me know if you would like some more info or you can check out the site. www.IBOPlus.com/ChristinaDennis Good Luck girl!!
    ChristinaDennis

Answer by ChristinaDennis at 9:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Procard is something you can do from home, its very rewarding when you help people save money on their medical bills. No charge ever! Read more about the job when you click here

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 12:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, in addition to coaching.
    Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions about resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview preparation.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Can I suggest an at home biz? I have 2 little ones at home and get to be home with them while working the biz. The comp I work with has just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! If interested in hearing more info, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to get you more info and help your situation out to be home! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Hello! I am a sahm and I work for Internet CEO moms. I got laid off in April and this is the best thing. I work with a HUGE group of moms who stay home also and we help people create a safer and healthier home. The best part of it all is there are no parties or inventory!!! The group I work with is so positive and it's like we are all friends. Check my website out at www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com or email me at alyssamaliska@ymail.com. I would love to introduce you to the business! Hope to hear from you soon :-)
    Alyssa
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 9:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I have great ideas on my blog. Not just wah scams, but ideas for creative, legit jobs. I work from home and also clean and help with laundry for a single mom who works a lot. I get paid great. I work on my own terms, I can bring my kids, and it was free to get started. I told her upfront when I have to take off for doc appts and to have my baby and that I don't plan on driving if the roads are bad. The best part is that I get $15 an hour to clean a small place and an extra$10 if I help with her kids. And no daycare! I was told that I charge too little, but I think that's pretty good money for easy work. Advertise on craigslist with only your name and number or you will get spam. Put a fair price on it until you build your references. Be upfront with people. Tell them you only want to work while the kids are in school or when you're husband is home. And charge for every hour you drive too.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:47 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• Read my blog. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 5:48 AM on Jul. 11, 2009