I can't sleep any advice

help me fall asleep

abellvalerie

Asked by abellvalerie at 3:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• booooz helps me, but I don't drink
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No, alcohol actually makes it harder to sleep. you can get to sleep faster with it but you will probably wake up in the middle of the night. Best for sleep, have a small snack of something like warm milk or turkey, foods that normally make you sleepy. make sure the room is cool enough and comfortable, have some white noise in the background (a fan, etc). And make sure that your bedroom is conducive to sleep...neat and clean, peaceful, etc.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Try making a hot vanilla. 2 Tbs. vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1 cup of milk, sweeten to taste. Through it into the microwave for a minute or until hot. Stir and enjoy. I use honey. Work for me really well.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 4:23 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• This won't work tonight, but for future reference, exercise during the day. Preferably before about 6h00pm. Physical exertion will help you fall asleep (I know it does wonders for me.)

I know that for me, eating keeps me awake. I don't eat within a few hours of my bedtime.

Take a hot shower.

And when all else fails, God bless Tylonal PM.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009