answer please

How doeas the doctor strip your membranes what does he use? And why would he want to do it? I went to the doctor and he said at my visit i will be going to tomorrow he will be doing this? I know it suppose to help you go into labor but does it really work and what does he use?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it does work! and it just means hes gonna help your water to break! its not painful just uncomfortable with him down there and all! and he just uses it looks like a long crachet or however u spell it needle! it dont hurt at all! you wont even feel it!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 3:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• oh okay thanks, is it safe to be done and wont hurt the baby right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• it's safe and it won't burt the baby
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My doctor didn't use anything to strip them, and it hurt like hell, AND my water didn't break. It does not always work.

When my OB did this, it was like a really aggresive vaginal exam. It hurt, really badly. I felt like passing out afterwards. I lost my mucus plug that night, and started getting contractions, but then they stopped. I didn't deliver until a week later.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• to strip your membranes, he stick's he finger into your cervix and "unsticks" the bag of water from it. he doesn't break your water, just loosens it so that it MAY break on its own. he doesn't work for most people and hurts like hell. it will only work if your baby is ready to be born.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It worked for me. And my doctor used her fingers. I didn't think it hurt that bad either. I started having contractions right away. I had my son two days after the doctor did it.
    militarywife976

Answer by militarywife976 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had it done and it didn't hurt that bad. I had my daughter exactly one week after he did it. It only works if the baby is ready to be born.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2009