How do I get my 10 month old breastfed baby to bottle feed?

I have been struggling for the past 9 months or so trying to get my daughter to take a bottle/cup. She is definitely a high needs baby and finds comfort breastfeeding. I have tried the bottle and she always refuses. My mom has watched her a few times when i had appts. etc. and she sometimes took a few sips but mostly refused the bottle. Now that she is 10 months I have tried sippy cups and theres a little progress but she still just wants the breast. I am returning to school and she is going to be watched by my mom/boyfriend. Any help? Advice from other parents of high needs babies? She doesn't even like to be held by other people i pretty much hold her all day. She cries when other people hold her 90% of the time. I have tried so many different bottles and cups and I just want some advice, ideas or outside tips. thanks!!!

cupcakeater

Asked by cupcakeater at 3:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would skip the sippy cup all together and just offer her milk form a regular cup. We have never used sippycups in my house. My 5 month old is drinking water from a cup (with assistance of course) at mealtimes, and I really don't see the need for a sippy.
    My oldest also refused the bottle, and I had to go back to work around the same time as you. I just breastfed her in the morning and evening, and the rest of the day she had formula in a cup. By the time she was 11-12 months she could hold the cup herself and drink out of it.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• have you tried giving her your milk n a bottle? or sippy cup?
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 3:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2009