im so burnt out on dinner ideas?........

im a stay at home mom and not only am i gettin fed up with te same ol meals day after day but my hubby and kids r to! i hae 4 so i dont have much time in the kitchen but i absolutly love cooking! anyone have ideas on fast but yummy meal ideas? how do i make them and what do i use?

Perdy

Asked by Perdy at 3:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• you can also check out this website and just type in like ground beef or pork or whatever you want and it gives you recipes

http://allrecipes.com/Search/Recipes.aspx?WithTerm=ground%20beef
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:02 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• what kinds of things do you like?
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:41 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• they like everything but i dont do fish or anything that has a bone in it! as long as its boneless ill prepare and cook it! any ideas are welcome!!!
    Perdy

Answer by Perdy at 3:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• 1 pound ground beef
    I can drained kidney beans
    1 little can of chillies
    1 can mexicorn
    1packet taco sesonigh
    1 cresent dough tube thing
    2 cups cheddar cheese

you will need them skillet pans

brown the beef I always add dehydrated onion and sesoning salt add taco sesoning kiddney beans mexi corn and chillis mix it all in let cook for couple minutes turn the heat off put the cheese on top and on top of the cheese lay out the cresent dough flat so everything is covered stick it in the over until the dough is golden brown.

very filling and very good my hubby loves it
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• **over**
    oven
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Cook 1 pound hamburger mix in 1/2 cup barbque sauce after meat is cooked and drained, set leave on simmer, take a can of pillsbury biscuits and put them into a cupcake pan stretching the biscuit up the sides making it like a cup, put the meat mixture inside each biscuit top with shredded cheese and bake as directed on the bisquit container, my husband and son LOVES these
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 3:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• veggi oil or olive oil
    1-2 pounds chicken or pork
    2 medium onions
    4 table spoons butter I use smart balance butter
    3 table spoons flour
    1 1/2 cups milk
    2 table spoons sourcream

I put enough oil to almost cover the pan, slice onion and cut up chicken or pork in peices put it in the pan let it cook you can add somewater if starting to burn then when cooked pull the meat out and onion put the butter in untill melts then add the flour and mix it into a paste like add milk and wisk it until its almost gravy thickness then add the sourcream and wisk it well medium to medium high heat depends on your stove after that is whised together add the meat and onion to it mix it all well let simmer for couple of minutes and it's done
    serve over pasta or rice I like rice much better
    it's fattning I don't make it very often but it is really good
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Check out Real Simple's website--they have TONS of excellent recipes that are both nutritious and pretty easy to whip up.

As for stuff I like to make...

Enchiladas are great. Your kids will enjoy assembling them! You can buy enchilada sauce at the store and use shredded chicken, cheese, green chiles, beans, and olives.

If you have a rice cooker, try cooking rice in chicken broth or cream of mushroom soup. Slice a sweet onion to cook with it.

Have your kids help make and assemble kabobs. They grill easily.

Pasta! You can do so much with it...add broccoli florets, salmon, chicken, pine nuts, basil, tomatoes, carrots, etc. Great way to pack in veggies. Make rose sauce by combining marinara with cream, or combine marinara with pesto for another good sauce.

Make a simple pasta bake with pasta shells, cottage and ricotta cheese, and sauce.
    Mousuke

Answer by Mousuke at 4:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sour Cream Chicken
    INGREDIENTS:
    4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
    1/3 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    1/2 teaspoon chili powder
    salt and pepper to taste
    DIRECTIONS:
    •1. Preheat oven to 350.
    •2. Coat each chicken breast with sour cream.
    (I don't trust under-done chicken - I seared the chicken in a skillet for
    about three minutes each side first because of the relatively short bake time.)
    •3. Stir together bread crumbs, chili powder, salt and pepper.
    •4. Roll chicken breast through the bread crumb mixture.
    •5. Place in a greased (I used Pam) 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
    •6. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes - internal temp of 165
    JAJA_Steele

Answer by JAJA_Steele at 5:08 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I generally double the meat and manwich cause we have 5 in our household.

Sloppy Joe Crescent

1 can manwich
    1 lb. hamburger
    6 - 8 slices cheese
    2 cans crescent rolls

Preheat oven to temperature shown on crescent rolls. Brown hamburger. Drain, rinse. Return meat to pan and add manwich. I generally let it heat up for just a couple of minutes. Roll one can crescent rolls on the bottom of a 9" X 13" greased pan. Place half of the slices of cheese on the bottom. Pour sloppy joe into pan. Top with cheese and other can of crescent rolls. Bake til top crescent rolls are golden brown. (depending on your oven it could be a little more or a little less than the directions on the can of crescent rolls).

okiemom27

Answer by okiemom27 at 11:16 AM on Jul. 10, 2009