Please help...

I'm 30 weeks. I have been up 10-15+ times since 11:00pm with my back hurting(BAD, unbearable pain). I cannot get comfortable. I have tried sleeping on both sides, my back, with pillows between my back..with my maternity pillow...elevated....w/ heating pad...the last few times I tried to sleep I did for 5 minutes and I'm back up!! I'm ok for awhile if I am sitting up.
Does anyone know a way I can get come rest??
I have taken Tylenol.

Maya09

Asked by Maya09 at 6:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It could also be sciatica, since its only on one side. Any stretch that takes the babies weight off of your back will help. If you get on your hands and knees and stretch your whole body in any way that feels good, it may start relieving your pain. I have sciatica and it's horrible, and I don't even have it that bad. But if I stretch every night before bed and anytime during the day when it acts up, it's very greatly reduced. I also use the heating pad after stretching. If you want to try and test to see if it is Sciatica. Try standing on the leg of the side that hurts more. Then bend towards that side. If you get a searing pain in your lower back/butt, it could very easily be what you have.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 11:06 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• call your dr in the morning and ask if you can take ambian SP? it is safe in pregnancy
    my dr gave it to me a couple times because i was so sore adn couldnt sleep
    you can also once in a while my dr said you can take tylenol pm
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 6:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• when i get like that i take tylenol pm. only one though.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 6:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Is it lower back? My first pregnancy, I had TERRIBLE back pain and ended up in the ER. Turns out it was kidney stones! Drink plenty of water and I hope you get some sleep!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 7:09 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes! It's lower - than mid-back...only on the left side. I was thinking it could be something to do w/ my kidney.
    Maya09

Answer by Maya09 at 7:12 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Tylenol PM and sleep on the sofa or in a recliner chair so you can sleep sitting up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• With My last pregnancy It hurt like hell on my right lower back and nothing helped so I went to the er and it turned out to be kidney stones and with my first pregnancy I had the same feeling and it wound up being a kidney infection and E.coli and had to stay in the hospital for a week so I would go get checked out if I were you.
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 12:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009