Cancer

Ok I was reading a post in a group of mine. The woman thinks she might have cancer. While her husband is freaking out. He lost his mom to caner as a child and is now informed his wife might have cancer. Well she thinks he being an attention hog and making her possible cancer all about him.

So far I am the only one that thinks she over reacting, and that he is probably really freaked out and scared.

What do you think about this. I hate to think I am the only one that thinks this.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree with you, I think if my dh was freaking out about something like that, it would make me feel he really cared and loved me!
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 10:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I personally think that what someone posts in a group should stay in the group and not be talked about anywhere else. I think its non of your business. You don't know what this family is going through/gone through.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I agree with you.

I've only lost some distant relatives to cancer and if my husband could possibly have cancer, I would completely freak out. I would be terrified of losing him. I would expect that my husband would react the same way if I could possibly have cancer.

I think it's sad that she is turning his fear of losing her, and his obvious love for her, into a fight. He isn't an "attention hog", he's just scared of losing his wife. Why can't she just accept that he's truly scared?
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• OP here: How is it not any of my business when she posted in a public forum about it? I was just asking if anyone felt that same way as I do. I think you need to get the stick out your ass. I just asked a question. And if she didn't want ppl talking about it then she shouldn't have put her business on the Internetfor the world to see. It's not like I was insensitive and bashed her on her post, I came here and ask for other opinions. WTF is so wrong with that?

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I guess it depends on exactly what he was doing that classifies as freaking out. If he's running around crying "oh, my mom died of cancer and now my wife has cancer..." then it does seem like he's making it about himself to a degree, because his mother's cancer really has nothing to do with his wife and that just would aim to get sympathy for himself. But otherwise, I would HOPE my husband would freak out if I had cancer.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2009