Why is it?

Is it the fact that you don't want to be reminded what your freedom costs? I think it needs to be in our faces everyday. Is it the fact that you don't know a single service member? That should make their sacrifice mean THAT MUCH MORE! You hate our troops? WELL THANK GOD FOR THEM BECAUSE IN ANY OTHER COUNTRY YOU WOULDN'T LIVE AFTER SAYING SO!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nope I know several military members friends with alot of them. Im married to a guy in the af. I just would rather not hear about the deaths. It depresses and worrys me. And I really dont like the military didn't before he joined and like it less after he joined. I don't think its something we should have to hear about everyday. They know what they signed up for. Sorry but its My opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• For me it's not so much that they signed up for it because that's something everyone in this country should be glad they did. They're the rare breed of vounteers that are selfless when everyone else in this country is saying 'what's in it for me?'

It's my opinion that the liberal pacifists would try to twist the sacrifices made by our military to try and fit their warped agenda. More so then they already do.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:13 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It's my opinion that the liberal pacifists would try to twist the sacrifices made by our military to try and fit their warped agenda. More so then they already do

Really? I'm a liberal and I totally respect our troops and come from a military family....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• LOL.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 10:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I fully respect our troops for what. I don't think that they are given there dues. I don't want to constantly be reminded that people have to die for that because it hurt but I do think they should be given national tribute for what they do so I wouldn't change that. I don't we are fully given the freedom promised but that is the governments fault I don't blame the troops. I love the troops, my big bro got seriously injured for our freedom. OP I have a question for you though I'm not being sarcastic or mean. Are you ok you sound like you have recently lost some one over seas? I hope not but if so I am truly sorry for your lose.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• sweet-a-kins I'm talking about the ones that try and put a spin on the death of a soldier and make it disrespectful to the memory and the sacrifice. I've never seen you do that I guess I should've added the word 'extreme' in there.
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Really? I'm a liberal and I totally respect our troops and come from a military family....

Liberal and leberal pacifist are not necessarily the same thing.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 10:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• war does not make us free, my bff's new dh is over there, it doesnt make me more free, it makes them (the occupied) hate us more and speeds the u.s. demise.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 10:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• AmaliaD, yes, that, and many other things.
    SarahColbert

Answer by SarahColbert at 11:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I have alot of respect for the military and what they do. My son has lost his father in Iraq and my husband is deploying in a few weeks. But I do not feel the need to have the deaths played on the news everyday in a loop. I know we don't hear about them a lot in the national news but the home towns where these soldiers, sailors, marines, airmen, have grown up do a great job. I guess for me it has to do with, I am a private person and to me I don't need my loved on splashed all over the news to feel he died doing something great and was a hero. Besides that the more publicity it gets the more wackos it brings out to the funerals and memoral services.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009