Is anyone making their own baby food?

I bough the baby cook from Williams-Sonoma haven't used it yet but it seems easy. Just wanted some opinions on the idea.

thanks

QuintinsMom520

Asked by QuintinsMom520 at 10:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• to be honest I found the baby food cook books a waste of time and money. I bought a magic bullet food processor from target and every meal I put aside a portion of food for DS and just ran it through the bullet and all was good. Of course though we eat really healthy so having plenty of fruits and veggie for him was never an issue.

EarthMama05

Answer by EarthMama05 at 10:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i made my own for her wholesomebabyfood.com is a great website! hope that helps
    preggoinmn

Answer by preggoinmn at 10:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I made sweet potato puree and fed her that, then quinoa cereal and rice cereal(homemade) and after we got those she was on to table food.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 10:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes, www.wholesomebabyfoods.com is great. Also Annabel Karmel wrote a couple of books on the subject. They are great, with good pictures, easy instructions to follow, tells you everyhting you need, which isn't much. I am also making my own baby food. It is much cheaper and tastes better than the jarfood. IMO. I make big batches and freeze the mashes and purees in icecubetrays. Once it's frozen, I put the little cubes in labeled ziploc bags, so I can easily pull out what I need for my daughter.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 10:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I cook a lot of healthful whole foods for the big people in the house, so often I would just mash up what we were having and serve it to my son. Our diet includes lots of fresh or lightly sauteed fruits and vegetables, whole grain pasta and rice, etc. so it's easy to mash with a fork or toss into a food processor.
    JavaJenny

Answer by JavaJenny at 2:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2009