my yard sale sucks :(

Everyone comes by and sees all the baby items and leaves :( I have be out here since 6:30 and now its 10:25 and I have only made $1.25 :(. What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm so sorry! I've also had some sucky yard sales. Mostly because I had nothing but boy baby clothes and everybody wanted girl clothes. Is that all you're selling, baby clothes? I don't know what it is you could be doing wrong but I hope it gets better!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Are they priced to high? Are they looking for things other then baby things? Location? Smile, talk to them, laugh, etc. If you sit there and get engrossed in a book and ignore them it doesn't look good.

Rearrange things so they don't look cluttered. Remove anything that could be considered junk. Stained baby clothes, broken toys, etc. Put these in a Free box to encourage people to stick around and buy.

baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 10:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Many people want fresh new stuff for their baby! For some reason there is a stigma about buying used baby stuff. Why? Who knows. People are picky. Instead of a yard sale, try taking your stuff to a consignment shop like Once Upon a Child or something similar in your area. At least you'll get a return on your stuff with out the time and hassle of having your own sale.
    JavaJenny

Answer by JavaJenny at 2:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009