What would you do if your 11 or 12 yr. old became pregnant?

And before you *gasp*......this has nothing to do with me or anyone I know. I think I would die if it were my daughter. But I was watching the news yesterday & they were talking about a mother forcing her 11 yr old to have an abortion because her daughter is too you to care for a baby. How do you think this mother could have prevented this from happening to her daughter?

And more importantly... would you force her to have an abortion?

Lextacy

Asked by Lextacy at 10:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Thank God I only have boys! My sil made the joke, that when you have a boy, you only have to worry about one prick, but when you have a girl you have to worry about all the pricks in the world. It is a JOKE.
    I do not think it is ok to be having sex at 11 or that anyone having sex with a 11 is ok. I don't know what I would do, the thought is terrifying for sure. And how does that happen? I know where my kids are all day everyday, I don't think they could have sex even if they tried.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No,I would not force my DD to have an abortion..I would tell her all her options..
    She could have put her on birth contol..But most parents think there DD's are not even thinking about sex at that age..But they are wrong to think that way..Not all are,, but a lot of them are at that age.

Answer by louise2 at 10:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would never force my kid to have an abortion. What happens would be her choice and I would help and support her. I would suggest adoption but in the long run it's up to her.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 10:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yes, I would force her to have an abortion. An 11 year old's body is not prepared to have a baby. She herself is still growing, and for those who say they wouldn't, do you know what having a baby could do mentally and physically to an ELEVEN YEAR OLD? She was definitely not mature enough to even be having sex in the first place, and if it were my daughter and she was already having sex, it would be my fault as her mother. Obviously she didn't have enough guidance or supervision if she got herself into a situation like that. That's extremely sad.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:43 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• tom do you know what having an abortion could do to her mentally and physically. She would have to live with it her whole not you old enough or not that is not your decision to make. She should be given facts and not forced into any decision that she alone will have to live with the consequences for life.

hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I think I'd go nuts.

At 11, forget rights and all that crap. The kid can't even get a JOB at 11 and in middle school, how are they going to raise a kid? Mommy and Daddy of course. If it were my child, they'd have two choices abortion or adoption. Plain and simple. She made the choice to have a penis inside her, she'll have the choice to give the baby up.

Face it, an 11 year old CANNOT give or provide any type of support to an infant.
    vanessa5470

Answer by vanessa5470 at 12:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i would not force her to have an abortion but i would not tell her she couldnt get one. after she knew all the options and had time to think about it we would do what she (and me and her father) thought would be the best choice. but her opinion matters. i would feel like i failed her though for not teaching her better at such a young age. but if it was a rape then it would have been out of my control. but i would still feel guilty for not being able to protect her.

Btw, i only have one boy...
    jmetz4

Answer by jmetz4 at 12:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My first reaction would be tears and dissapointment, I don't think I would even be angry. But I would never force my child or any other person to do something that they don't want, especially something of that magnatude. We aren't talking about what clothes they can wear or what shows to watch, we are talking about two lives and that choice would have to be made by my DD, it is her baby, not mine. And she is the one who will have to live with the choice she makes.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I think I would adopt the baby in an open adopting agreement.No child is an accident.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 2:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My question, where the hell was this mother when the daughter was having sex. My sons already at 11 and 9 ask about sex and my ex has had a somewhat scaled down verision of the "Talk" with our 11 yr old.

I feel sorry for this little girl because she obviously thought that having sex was a way for her to find love and attention. She obviously is not getting it at home. Or what has happened to her in her home that she would even think to have sex.
    frenzied

Answer by frenzied at 2:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009