Do you have a daily devotion time about God with your kids? If so what do you do?

momluja

Asked by momluja at 10:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I have a daily "ritual" that I do in the morning to connect with the Great God and another in the evening to connect with the Goddess. Both involve "prayer," the lighting of candles and meditation... Neither involve my kids, I don't feel it's right to involve them at this age (3 & 2) in any religious practice.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• we may 'interact' with God-thoughts during the day, as the situation arises. but we usually do a bedtime 'ritual' that involves talking about the day's events, good or bad, and how blessed/thankful we are for life, gifts, etc. we always end it with a prayer of blessings, and 'the Lord's Prayer'...funny thing: my dh tries to get the ds to make the sign of the cross afterward, but ds always resorts to signing 'i love you'...only, instead of crossing his heart, he simply folds his arms, gangster-style. LOL
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 11:22 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i think you should, it is very important to have your kids learn and grow into the things of God, and how do they do that if they do not learn about God right? so you could do bible stories at night or bible stories on cassette tape, cd. and you can pray with them at night like... Thank you Father for this day you have given us and please protect us with the blood of jesus. We thank you for everything you have done today and will do in us. in Jesus name Amen.
    or matthew 6 you can do the lords prayer with them, try to teach them what it means. you dont have to do it at night you can make a time like in the mornings or in the afternoon. whatever works best for you, i hope you involve your children with the things of God so they can become warriers for God=)
    Anonymous

• So far, no. One dd is 2 years the other is just a month old. But I do bedtime prayers with my 2 year old and she's adapted the prayer to include her family. The last line was "I love the Earth and the Earth loves me." she now says "I love the Earth and the Earth loves Daddy, Mommy and Me" which is the cutest thing I've every heard. I hope she adds her sister to the line up some day soon.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:17 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Not as much as we should. The oldest is 14 so she can do her own. We have been doing a summer reading schedual with the twins who are 11, but have special needs so they don't read well yet. And we pray before dinner
    teamquinn

Answer by teamquinn at 3:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009