7 months old still up 2, 3, 4 times a night...Help!!!

Plz, help i need sleep, what can I do to make her sleep through the night or atleast sleep better. I feed her at night, I have tried putting her in our bed, i have tried the swing. bouncer, bassinett and playpen???

bellasmommy09

Asked by bellasmommy09 at 10:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She's 7 mos old --- getting up a few times a night isn't unusual.

Enjoy her needing you at night. Before you know it, she'll be putting herself to bed & refusing when you try to help. I know that sounds REALLY good to the sleep-deprived, but once you get there, you'll miss it.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 10:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Ah the joys of being a parent huh? My kids still do not sleep through the night and my daughter will be four in february and my son two in september. Kids are fickle. MY dd rarely sleeps through the night, she has but its one of those occurences that shoot by like a meteor. Now my ds he used to be such a good boy I could put him down and bed time and he would go to sleep no fuss but now he hates bed time and he is constantly getting up in the night to come sleep in our bed. OH kids! What do you do! My real answer here after all the garbble is all kids are different some sleep through the night and some don't someday they will and hopefully sooner than others. Now would be nice because we mommies are losing our sanity. But just hang in there keep trying new routines maybe not one at all and see what works.
    cherrygirl87

Answer by cherrygirl87 at 10:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I have a 5 year old dont miss the nights at all!
    bellasmommy09

Answer by bellasmommy09 at 10:44 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my 7 month old has slept all nite 10 hrs a night since 3 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• thanks anon ... I am sure that helped her a lot! anyway!!!! My son at 7 months still woke this amount also. I know you are SO Tired and frustrated! I understand! I read healthy sleep habits, happy child. It gives TONS of methods. In the end i had to do full blown cry it out because my son's colic was so severe he didn't have self soothing abilities at all. I really recommend reading it - Plus - you don't have to read the WHOLE book - it will direct you to what will help you NOW and then when you have time you can go back and read the rest if you want
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:10 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• give him a nice warm bottle and then put him in a nice warm bath and when you get him out he will be so tired and relaxed he should go right to sleep and stay that way for at least 4-5 hours.Let me know if it helps.
    krazymomma427

Answer by krazymomma427 at 11:28 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Babies aren't really supposed to sleep all night. Some do, that's great, but most don't. My 8 year old doesn't even sleep all night most nights. I didn't either, even before I had kids. I always woke up at least once a night for a drink or to go to the bathroom. I won't expect my 18 month old to sleep all night until HE is ready to. He still wakes up multiple times a night.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• 'My 8 year old doesn't even sleep all night most nights'

lol what does your 8 year old get up to do?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm right there with you. My 4 mos. old has had only 3 great nights where she slept 5 hrs. in a row but mostly she's up every 3 hrs due to gas, fever, wet diaper, you name it. For all those women whose babies are sleeping freakishly long at 2 mos. or whatever, there are a ton of us whose babies have never slept straight through. If it weren't common, we wouldn't see this question asked daily on cafe mom! Hang in there. For now, we make sure everything's ok with her and then let her cry to sleep, it's usually only a few mins.. After a hellish night last night, I went into her room to get her at 7am and she was just kicking back in her crib playing by herself, if anything I'm comforted with the fact that she can stay in her crib without screaming bloody murder. We just take one step at a time, I figure when she's ready she'll do it.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My 8 year old usually wakes up to get a drink of water, go to the bathroom or just cuddle with Daddy for a few minutes.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 6:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009