Do you think this weird?

My sister likes to talk about how big her son's penis is. He is 5. It's not a constant thing but she has mentioned it a few times. I just think that's not something you should say about your son.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think your sister has issues and needs to see a counselor. She sounds like a nutjob.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yes, i think that's weird.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:36 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sounds like you have penis envy. lol. She may just be proud that her son got her genes rather than his fathers in that area because maybe the boy's father has a small penis.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I don't like it. I also get bothered when women say things like "We saw the ultrasound. It's a boy. He really takes after his father if you know what I mean." I also don't liek parents talking to their children about their body parts in a crude way. I get pissed hearing my aunt ask her toddler sons where their "dicks" are during diaper changes.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 10:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Well, it just depends on how she said it. My sister in law and I had a discussion about her son because by 2 yrs old, I noticed that his penis was bigger than an average 2 yr old. I had 2 boys shortly after her first son and my son wasnt quite as big and I wanted to make sure she knew that. Just in case there was a medical reason or a problem with it. She said that yes, she had noticed but we didnt discuss it again. That was the only time. It was more of an observation and not a WOW, can you believe this...discussion. Its just genetics at play.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:49 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• yes that is weird! I've never discussed my boys penis with anyone but his dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• That's creepy.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:25 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• When we saw the U/S for our little boy, the ultrasound tech made a comment that it was "Impressive". I thought even that was a little weird but my husband went around telling everyone! I think its just a character trait, like brown eyes or brown hair, but damn will it ever embarrass the kid when he's older! :P
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If she is only telling you, her sister it's OK. She probably thinks it's funny. But she shouldn't tell anyone else.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Meh. Not so weird. I told everyone my sons got their balls from me......
    Anonymous