Did you exercise during your pregnancy?

Occasionally, I'll walk the dog around the neighborhood (depending on the weather)... but other than that I don't exercise. I'm in pretty good shape though and haven't gained that much weight (people tell me I just look like I swallowed a basketball lol). I used to exercise before I got pregnant, but now I don't..... Just curious what everyone else did?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm a mother of two. Before I was a mother, I was very active. When I got pregnant the first time, I gave up a lot of physical activities---BIG mistake! The second time around, I kept the same physical activities as I did before pregnancy, and everything went much better for me and my baby. My routine consisted of two 45 minute walks a day - morning and evening. Naturally I was more fit, but everything from digestion to mood improved by having that time to myself.
    JHSweat

Answer by JHSweat at 10:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No, taking walks now and then was all I did. I was lucky enough to be in good shape when I got pregnant and not exercising didn't ruin my body or anything. I gained 30lbs while pregnant and had my baby 6 weeks ago and have 12lbs left to lose-i haven't exercized since I had the baby either b/c I've been healing from a c-section.
    Honestly I was nervous to work out while prego. I was afraid I might hurt the baby. I know that's not the case but its how I felt!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Nope I didn't...I mean every now and again I would take a walk as well but I wasn't really into excersizing before either. But the minute she came out I was able to go home in the same jeans I wore before I got prego. Now that I'm prego with my second my little girl makes sure to keep me in check with the excersizing lol she keeps me chasing her everywhere haha. Good luck
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:29 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I do yoga twice a week and try to walk (2-3 miles) 2 or 3 or more times a week. I would like to walk more, but it's just way too hot right now to be out walking the dogs at 8 months pregnant. If I don't go first thing in the morning, then it doesn't happen.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009