this is really scarry has anyone ever experienced throwing up red but it looks like blood but u didnt eat anything red

ericaandfranke

Asked by ericaandfranke at 10:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Health

• The fact that you are throwing up at all and it's a color you've never seen before is something I would be going to your doctor or ER about!

Do you take medications on a regular basis? If so, you COULD be vomiting up blood--some meds will tear at your stomach and/or intestinal lining, causing the irritation and your vomiting.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:40 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• you need to go to the doctor/er right away. If you think your throwing up blood that is EXTREMELY dangerous! I always say- better safe than sorry.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:45 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If you think its blood you need to go the ER. You don't have to have eaten something red to throw up red. Sometimes the mixture of everything you HAVE eaten and drank can make a weird color combo, but if you are unsure if it is blood or not, I would def. go get that checked out right away.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 10:54 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Go to the doctor or ER now, that is not normal. Unless, you drank something red (juice, kool aid or soda).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:55 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• this happened to me. I would call your DR. I kept throwing up and I threw up so much I was irrating my throat. it was blood. So call your nurse or dr and explain what has happened. Everyone is different.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:39 AM on Jul. 10, 2009