i'm not sure if the father of my child really loves me or how he relly feels what should i do

i am inlove mith a wonderful man but i'm not real sure how he feels he says he loves me but he isn't very emotional so its hard to tell what he feels

lilmama101604

Asked by lilmama101604 at 10:47 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• some men don't show it but if he says it then I think I'd believe it. It's not easy for men to even say it.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm in the exact same situation as you! I love my SO so much, we have 2 kids plus my older son from a previous relationship. But he never tells me he loves me or never shows any kind of emotion. I asked him about it and he said he's just not that kind of guy but sometimes you need that kind of validation right? When I asked, he said yes he loves me and I should know that but sometimes I just want to hear it. But he is great father and takes care of my oldest like he was his own son. I just wish he was more forthcoming with his emotions. I'm not sure if there is anything you can do but tell him how you feel. That you're not sure how he feels and you would like to know. He could be just like my SO and may not be the kind of man who shares his emotions so easy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Grab him by the scruff and ask him.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 11:15 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If it were me, I would create a time where the two of us could talk. I would tell him exactly how I felt and let him know that when you love someone, you sometimes have to sacrafice what does not seem normal in order to make the relationship work . I would tell him what I need..To be told I am loved, and for it to be shown with affection and attention, and emotion. Marrige and relationships take work and I need to know that I am worth that work. Love is selflessness and by him not giving you what you need is selfish. Only good could come from his effort to give you what you need from him....He should know that too.
    sweetsis23

Answer by sweetsis23 at 11:46 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Some men are more comfortable with showing how they feel than saying it. And as much as I love hearing my dh say it, if he weren't acting loving I would still feel unloved. Knowing my dh gets up every morning and goes to work all day at a job he's not too fond of so I can stay home with my kids - I know he loves me. Last night he saw I was tired and told me to go to bed at 730 and he'd take care of the kids - I know he loves me. He pays for everything my kids need and want even though their dad isn't paying child support - I know he loves me. He shows me every day in a thousand different ways.

Answer by missanc at 3:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009