Pain with implantation (not cramping) NOT JUST ANOTHER "Am I pregnant?" question!! (piog)

I am curious to know if any of you ladies have actually FELT implantation. I am on birth control so we don't use condoms, and last night probably 6-7 hours post sex I had the weirdest pain, I have never had it before. It was very centralized...I could identify EXACTLY where it was, and the pain didn't radiate at all. While it was painful I suppose it was more annoying than anything else. It felt like a quick stabbing pain low in my abdomen, below where my ovaries are, more toward the side where I would imagine the wall of my uterus is. Although it was like stabbing, it was a very sharp pain, and it wasn't constant, but it lasted for about 20 mins.

So ladies, could this have been implantation? Have any of you felt something similar?

Thanks in advance for your stories.

CarolynBarnett

Asked by CarolynBarnett at 10:51 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I get a pain like that when I ovulate, but only on the right side. I wouldn't worry too much.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 11:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Could be a million different things, I doubt it was implantation
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:52 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I've heard it takes about two days before the egg to actually fertilize and then about another week or two before it implants.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I didn't feel implantation. But! I do have a cyst on my ovary FROM implantation that feels like a stabbing pain. If it is a cyst, there's nothing to worry about, unless it starts to hurt every day. Sometimes they rupture and it hurts like hell! But you would know because usually, you can barely move when they rupture. If you do end up being pregnant, tell the ultrasound tech at your first appt about it and they can look for a cyst if you arent too far along.
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 10:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Thank you ladies now I feel kinda silly asking! I figured it was a long shot but it kinda freaked me out, because I do NOT want another child until after nursing school.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:59 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Thank you again ladies. I feel so silly now I am gonna close the question, lol.

I do think that Nathskitten may be right though, it may just be ovulation. I have had cramping with ovulation before, not pain like this, but i suppose things change.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:14 AM on Jul. 10, 2009