Share your creative birth announcements!

I've been searching and searching for the perfect way to announce the birth of my little Guppy but nothing seems just right. How about sharing your birth announcement ideas with me (and the rest of CafeMom).

Thanks in advance :o)

jennifercalling

Asked by jennifercalling at 11:04 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• My DD's birth announcements were pink parchment with a frayed edge. The logo on the front was a baby who was turned with their diapered behind facing you and looking through their legs. It was cute. On the inside it said Logan Xavier announces the birth of his little sister Kyla Danielle, etc. Then at the end it listed Proud Parents and our names. The baby was a standard logo and I got them through one of the wedding invitation books. The ink was a dark pink foil I think, or just dark pink ink.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 3:38 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I saw a birth announcement I loved on Etsy and my husband has recreated it on his computer with a pic of the dog (for now). Once she gets here, he'll make it up with a picture of the baby and we'll print them off and send them as 4X6 photos.

The background is a very dark grey. On the left side will be the picture which will be in black and white. We'll have her lay on a black surface and then he's going to edit it so that only her body goes onto a black background. So it will be a black square over the dark grey main background with her little body in the middle. On the bottom left hand corner of the black square will be the date she was born. Then going up the right side of the black square will be the time she was born, her length, and weight. Then to the right of the black square, back in the dark grey area will be her first and middle name (in bigger font) with "is welcomed into our family with love" (in smaller
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• font) - Then at the very bottom in a small font it will say "proud parents" with our names underneath. The font will be in a dark pink.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 1:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2009