breast feeding ?

How often do you comfort nurse your baby, is it a "bad habit"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I usally breastfed whenever he wanted to. I don't think it's a bad habit but it's completely up to you.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 11:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I just nursed whenever my DD needed it. She was never "attached", and she had no problems when we stopped BF. I dont think its a bad habit...its never a bad habit to comfort your child
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 11:21 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No, it's not a bad habit. We nurse a lot. Period. Whenever she wants.
    Arisce

Answer by Arisce at 11:56 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It is necessary to nurse on demand to establish and maintain your supply. Breastfeeding is not a habit, it is how your child eats.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• no, I mean is comfort nursing a bad habit, cause I read some moms on here have a problem that baby always wants to nurse even though they're not hungry.

Anonymous

• Each child is different in how much comfort they need and i don't think it is a "problem" if my child needs a little more comfort then his sister or cousin. I nurse on demand and will continue to do so until she decides she is done and did the same with my first.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I nurse anytime my daughter needs it. Unless I'm at work. Even if its just so she knows I'm near her.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I nurse her whenever she wants it. Often it's just for comfort, I let her do it untill I can't be sitting around anymore lol. I wait till she's calm and relaxed and wiggle her paci in, she doesn't even know the difference and I can get other things done :)
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 2:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Theres no way of knowing for sure if your baby is comfort nursing or hungry, you can't see inside their tummy, just because they nursed for an our doesn't mean they got enough or baby their body digested it fast, no way of knowing, when a BF baby wants to nurse you nurse...comfort nursing or actually getting milk, doesn't matter why risk malnoursihing your child?
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 6:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2009