How to get back on track

Right now our budget is a wreck. We just got our paycheck direct deposited, but once everything is paid we will be in the negative and we don't get paid for another 2 weeks. What are some things we can try to get back on our feet again and out of the negative bank account???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Money & Work

• It's hard to get back on track once your off. But getting off track is easy to do...and happens to all of us. May I recommend the book by Dave Ramsey...Money make-over? You can find it on Amazon, and is super helpful.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 11:27 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would try looking for the book at the library since you are already in the hole. Another purchase isn't really going to help you much.

Are there any bills that you really don't need? Internet, cable, phone, etc.? I would try cutting those things first.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• can you try negotiating with anyone you owe (IE: credit card companies, lenders, car loans)? at least call and ask if there is any program or plan you can go on to help relieve monthly payments?
    jennilovesryan

Answer by jennilovesryan at 1:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Not a get rich quick thing, but a suggestion to have future extra income would be an at home biz. I started one a few months back with 2 little ones running around and absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! If interested in learning more info, you can visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. I would love to talk to you and get you more info! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I second the Dave Ramsey book! It's called The Total Money Makeover and definitely get it at the library, you don't need to buy it. Also there is a very supportive group on here called Dave Ramsey Fans and you can find a lot of help there. Including advice on budgeting and cutting costs.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 4:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2009