• In the Spotlight:

On call Doc said My daughter may have to much amino Fluid Please advise

My Daughter is having her First baby, She just started her 37th week, I brought her to labor & Deliver for she was having back pain, ( This was out fourth trip in two months) The on call Doctor said the baby is not ready but it will be any day , He is concerned about one thing and suggest she call her Doctor in the Morning for he feels she may have to Much amniotic Fluid and she will need an Ultra sound.
We asked why don't you do one he gave no real answer and sent her home. I called her doctor Today he is not in and is away until Tuesday. We both did not sleep last night she & her Husband are scared silly ( They are 23 years old) I want to go back to the Hospital but I cannot force them to do this ultra sound so it is a waist of time & money! If this idiot Doc is correct then the baby will have to be delivered rite away. Has anyone had to much amino Fluid during Pregnancy? Can anyone give advise?

GrandmaRBN

Asked by GrandmaRBN at 11:31 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Does her doc have anyone in the office that fills in for the doc while he is away? If so, make her an appointment and get her in. Worst case scenario you both need to be prepared in case the baby makes an early appearance. Also you both need piece of mind.

That doc you went to is a jerk. You can get someone in radiology, that does this everyday, to tell your daughter whether or not there is too much fluid. Better there be too much than not enough. I have a friend who had a dry birth since her fluid leaked out prior to delivery. Not an easy thing to do.

Call her office until you get an answer that you are satisfied with. If you are ok with it then you'll be able to explain it to your daughter since you've delivered before.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 11:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I haven't but I'd march in there and refuse to leave till they give you an ultrasound.. Tell them your doctor is away and that you will sit in there until you get one. This is an emergency and they are a hospital... I really truly would make them do it!! I hope all goes well for you guys. If you fight hard enough they'll give in and just give you the ultrasound. If not call any doctor around that you can think of! I really really truly hope it works out for you guys!
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 11:35 AM on Jul. 10, 2009