has anyone else experienced pain with their IUD i had one put in over a year ago and im still having pain with it it is very painful to have sex so im thinking about having it taken out and being put on the pill.has anyone else experienced this and if so what did you do about it?

luvmommy42208

Asked by luvmommy42208 at 11:32 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Health

• I had all kinds of pain with it. It was all the time pain- not just during sex. I saw the gyn, and it was positioned correctly. I finally had enough and had it removed. Best decision I made! Took about two weeks after removal, but the pain stopped. I will never get one again!
    dawpea

Answer by dawpea at 11:50 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I had major problems with my first IUD. It was the Paraguard one. But it turned out that it was causing problems with my endometriosis and fibroids. I would definately go and talk to your gyn about it because it is not supposed to be painful at all, and there might be something else going on.
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 11:38 AM on Jul. 10, 2009