making cleaning products

I have seen some ladies on here that saw they make their own cleaning prodcts using vinegar and/or baking soda. I would love to know if any of you have "recipes" for what you use to clean with. Also if any of you make your own laundry detergent I would like to know how to do that too!! Thanks!

KaireasMommy

Asked by KaireasMommy at 11:34 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I clean just about everything with a vinegar spray, I have a spray bottle and I fill it with 1 part vinegar and 4 parts water and just a couple of drops of dish soap. Love it. Its great for windows, bathrooms, counters, etc... Been doing it for years and now the smell of commercial toxic cleaners give me a headache.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• there are several groups on cafemom that have cleaning product recipes: search for frugal.
    for most cleaning we use:
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 Tbl baking soda
    10 drops tea tre oil (anti bacterial, antifungal)
    2 drops lavendar essential oil (smells nice, antiseptic)
    for extra scrubbing, i make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar

Answer by rkoloms at 12:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009