When i transition my 9month old daughter to her own bed in the next 4-6months, should i....

do it in a crib or a toddler bed? whats the right age to switch to a toddler bed? she'll be 0ne in september. would the transtion be easier to a crib because she cant crawl out of that? Shes also only breastfed and has been a cosleeper since 2weeks old. She nurses 1-2x a night.

bluerose26

Asked by bluerose26 at 11:48 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long would you put her in a crib? If only for a few months, I'd just go to a regular bed.

Do you already have either one? If so, use that for the time being, I guess?

We put ours into a regular bed at 15 months. We just put up the new bed, took down the crib and put them to bed.

It might be a bit more difficult going from co-sleeping to her sleeping alone no matter what you decide to do. (I said "might")
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would wait until she is old enough to get in and out of a bed on her own and skip the crib. A toddler bed will allow you to do it sooner as it is lower to the ground.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 12:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I bought a crib that turns into a toddler bed and then you can buy rails to attach to it and it becomes a full size bed. Maybe you could look into something like that? I got it at Babies-R-Us and I think it was about 230 dollars but it will be used FOREVER. :-)
    AutumnsMom31309

Answer by AutumnsMom31309 at 12:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i heard around 3 year olds to take out of cribs n put them in toddler beds i have a 5 n 1 crib for my baby he 14 months old and just started sleeping in after we got few days ago from freecycle
    Anonymous