How do I get my son to drink milk?

I can not seem to get him to drink milk! We have tried chocolate and strawberry nothing works. As soon as he catches a taste of it he throws it. Have any ideas? He is only 2 so is there calcium vitamins he can take or something? I am worried about that.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Vitamin D:
    Lots of different fishes like Salmon and Tuna for example are great sources
    Fortified Cereal (most cereals are fortified)
    Egg (the yolk)
    many different cheeses
    Yogurt

All the things listed above are also good sources of Calcium, and so are:
    Broccoli
    Corn Bread
    Tofu

There are lots of alternatives to milk. So be sure that your child is eating healthy and he'll be fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 11:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If you want calcium in his diet, start trying to add in some of the dark leafy greens, like kale or spinach to his diet. They're full of calcium.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Jul. 10, 2009

• try making smoothies thickin it up like you made him an ice cream snack but you know ts only milk and you can make that in all flavors also vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate.
    frogger3rd

Answer by frogger3rd at 12:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• People don't adsorb animal calcium so milk is not the good source of calcium we have been lead to believe. If you want him to get calcium he can absorb either get him vitamins made from plants or feed him other calcium rich foods. As for vitamin D a little sunlight will give you the vitamin D you need. Milk is just a drink no one needs it many people have a small allergy to it and don't realize until late in life.
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 12:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm open for a easier method. My son comes into the kitchen with me when he wants a drink and something about the milk container makes him SCREAM and throw a fit. no matter if its choc or strawberry. he throws his too! idk what to do. an EASY method would be great.
    lincsmommy07

Answer by lincsmommy07 at 5:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009