What should my child call her?

Me & my DH are having our first child and its a supprise gender. My mom died when i was young and my stepmom and i have never got along, she never treated me fair and never was a mother figure to me, didnt even speak to me. Now that im pregnant and due soon we know she'll end up comming to the hospital and all when the baby is born with my father, i just dont know if i want my child to call her their grandmom she was never a mother figure to me so i feel like she shouldnt be a figure to my child. She is very disrespectful. Im just not sure what she should be to my child what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just have her call her by her name
    mom2marcus0104

Answer by mom2marcus0104 at 12:06 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• We have a lot of "Grandma's" in my son's family. The step grandma is called Grandma Cindy. We use her first name because it's confusing to have two Grandma's with the same last name. Chances are that if she doesn't come around often your step mother won't really mean too much to your child anyway. If I were you I would prefer it that way.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 12:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Just have the child call her by her first name if that bothers you atleast your not stuck in the postion of haveing like 7 different grandmas and stuck trying to figure out so you dont hurt there feelings anyway most children figure out what they want to call a person but the first name should do if that dont work there is always mimi nanna are alternate names for grandma good luck.
    newmom183

Answer by newmom183 at 12:09 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my kids call my stepmother her name,i have the same problem
    kristi12866

Answer by kristi12866 at 12:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• call her by her name! If she is disrespectful to you DO NOT give her the privelage of getting called grandma by your child! I have the same question about my moms boyfriend their supposedly "getting married" but idk what my son should call him?
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 12:15 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Well putting your feelings aside and give your child a good example let he/she call her grandma or some nickname or even call her by her name. No biggie whatever happened or didn't happened to you or her don't let it get tangled up with the baby. You need to set a good example for them. Just treat her right as you would anyone else for get the past make your dad happy show him you are the bigger person and better person. If she starts her crap again just ignore it she will soon be going back home...right? GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• have the baby call her by her name; or pick a nickname for her; I'm in the same boat when it comes to my moms husband; I cant stand that man honestly, he's just as childish as my 13 year old brother ! So that's another one that my child wont be addressing as "grand-daddy" she can call him Bryan; or call him Bry whatever comes to mind but that "grand-daddy" thing is totally out of the question.
    dorkish_face

Answer by dorkish_face at 12:35 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My kids call my step mom "grandma first name". I call her by her first name. My SM and I have had our issues too, but being a grandma has brought out the best in her. Don't stress on it now. The baby isn't born yet and you will have time to see how she is with the baby before it is old enough to call her anything... grandparent names seem to evolve from the child's relationship with that adult. So some name will come naturally.
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 1:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009