my 14 month old son has been screaming alot and he likes to hit.is this just a normal phase he is going through?how should i deal with it?

luvmommy42208

Asked by luvmommy42208 at 12:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My 13 month old will hit when he is tired and/or angry. We try to discourage it by grabbing his hand and saying "No hitting" in a stern voice. If he still does it, then we put him down. He'll cry for a bit and climb on us wanting to be picked up again, but we ignore it for a little bit. Then we pick him back up and say "No hitting" ... it seems to work alright. He doesn't do it that often, and can be very frustrating when he does it.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• well yes it may be normal, but your part is not to just let it go on because it is just a phase. your job is to now set things right, like what is right and wrong, so that he will not continue this behavior.
    Anonymous

• my son does this too (also 14 months), i'm going to ask his pedi at the next appt
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:05 PM on Jul. 10, 2009