Are you planning to circumcise your baby boy?

I am hoping this article will spur you into doing more reseacrh for your baby boy. I am also hoping that after doing valid research that your answer will be no. No drama-for education purposes.

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS172944�Jun-2009+PRN20090625

Loa1002

Asked by Loa1002 at 12:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Nope. My husband and the boys in his family are uncut, as are the males in my family. I see it as putting a newborn child through a lot of unnecessary pain. Not to mention you're basically taking away what could be some major pleasure for them when they begin to have sex, since by circumcising, you cutting through a lot of nerves that are there to help create pleasure.
    Anonymous

• I would still circumcise my baby boy, my other son is, there was no problems.
    I looks more "normal" and my son never even cried during the procedure. I know some people say its not any cleaner with or without circum- but I was with one man that hadnt been, and he had all kinds of problems, and I found it gross.
    Thats the main reason we broke up.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I did with my first son and am going to with this baby, I haven't read to much on it but nothing will change my mind. I did however just read in my american baby magazine that boys that are circumcised have a lower risk of developing urinary tract infections in their first year and STDs later in life.
    Mamamegan

Answer by Mamamegan at 12:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• no because circumcision was long ago a law. It was required because it meant that you were a christian or you were saved, like without it you were not worthy to follow christ. But when Jesus came and died, the law was deminshed. He took away the law, and that is why he died.
    Anonymous

• Nope. My DH is uncircumcised, and he wanted to get our son circumcised, until I mentioned that there ARE some risks and it isn't medically necessary at all. I don't see any reason to cut anything off my newborn unless he's born with a tail!
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 12:54 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I did my research and we chose to circ.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I can't read the article, it keeps telling that the page is not found. Anyway, I plan on circumcising if I have another son. I did for my first and will do it again. I do it for medical reasons and I have researched it.
    YzmaRocks

Answer by YzmaRocks at 1:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Did some of you actually get to the article? It woud not cut and paste for me?

http://www.reuters.com/article/pressRelease/idUS172944ÛJun-2009+PRN20090625

Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 1:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• here is a little of the article-----

"The same universal human right to an intact body that I have fought for on
    behalf of women and girls must apply to boys as well, especially those too
    young to make an informed decision about the integrity of their bodies," said
    Mire. "How can it be wrong to surgically alter the genitals of a baby girl
    without her consent but okay to surgically alter the genitals of a baby boy?"

The launch comes as the Centers for Disease Control considers whether to
    recommend circumcision based on African studies of adult males and the
    HIV/AIDS epidemic.

"Studies of adult men in Africa cannot be used to justify subjecting
    non-consenting American baby boys to irreversible surgery that will remove
    healthy tissue from their genitals for the rest of their lives," said
    Georganne Chapin, Intact America's Executive Director. "Let young men make
    decisions about their own bo
    Loa1002

Answer by Loa1002 at 1:19 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I did not circumcise my son, and won't do it with any other sons that i have. there is no medical reason to get it done anymore, and I didn't see any reason to get it done. I left the decision pretty much up to my husband, and he did a lot of research on the topic and then told me what he had found and then we decided together to not get it done.
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 1:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009