Any one used Neuro-Developmental Optomety?

I took my children to a new eye doctor, he is a Neuro-Developmental Optometrist.... he found some interesting things... our son has good vision.... but he can not see outside of a small area... will do a light thing at home... don't know much about it so was checking if anyone else had used these types of services.....

BlessingsBegin

Asked by BlessingsBegin at 1:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• Nope, we always take out kids to a Pediatric Ophthamologist.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my oldest went to one. It was found that she had a type of lazy eye that can not be seen physically. She started therapy, but the insurance wouldn't cover it and I couldn't afford it. I learned how to do it at home and she no longer has problems.

When I was trying to get the insurance to pay for it, she had to see two opthamologists for a second opinion. They both did not agree with the NDO. Thought it was all a load of crap. But I did see another NDO that agreed with the first. Personally, I agree with the NDO because the difference afterwards was noticable.
    sammygrl77

Answer by sammygrl77 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 10, 2009