Im 34 weeks, 5th pregnancy and having extreme back butt and hip pain but i dont feel ay contractions, Should I be headed to labor and delivery

youngbreeder

Asked by youngbreeder at 1:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No, with both my kids I had horrible cramping for a whole 36 hours and it was bad but they kept saying I was only 1cm so they would send me home. Trust me you'll KNOW when you need to go!! If your worried though you can always go but most likely they'll send you home with a stool softener and thats about it.
    Anonymous

• I had internal contractions that I could not feel with my third baby. My technician told me that I stood a strong chance of having the baby that night even though I had a scheduled c-section the next morning!! I could feel any contraction at all!!

I remember being really hurting and uncomfortable too with my pregnancies. Why don't you give your ob a call? It's their job to figure things out!!! If you haven't lost plug or fluid then maybe you're body is doing what's more normal just cranking up for labor later. Feel better!! Baby -let your mommy rest for a bit!! Take care!
    Anonymous

• I would call your OB and ask what they think you should do. Its possible your baby is just laying on a nerve that is causing all the pain or it could be something else, such as labor. Not all women experience the same pains and feelings when they go into labor so it wouldn't hurt to just call and see what they think. I would rather get my docs opinion first than go to the hospital only for them to send me right back home.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:39 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I agree with Ash9724. Call the doc, see what they want you to do and follow that. But you're not ready to deliver so if you go to the hospital, be prepared to be let down when they tell you to go home. I always hated that, it sucked.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2009