HUSBAND OUT ALL NIGHT?

I am pregnant and hosted a girls makeup party. Asked my husband to go out til we get done.. guy time, whatever. He did not get in until 5 in the morning. He did not know or would not tell me where he was until i guess his buzz was over. Last time he did this it was drugs. I am tired of it.. and I can not deal with this muchlonger. These kind of things have been going on for bout a year.. and i get mad... forgive, show more love and it works for a couple of months. then it repeats its self. I told him i just want a normal husband and family... and he does not give that. I do not want us to split up... but if it does not change i will do just that. AM I BEING A CRAZY HORMONAL PREG LADY?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No your not. It's time he grew up a little. There is nothing wrong with going out. But he doesn't need to be coming home at 5 in the morning. And he really doesn't need to be doing drugs. That can lead to worse behavior. I'd really talk to him about this. Let him know how you feel. My hubby goes out with his brother and their friend but he's home by 11 or 12. And he does drink or use drugs. I hope things get better for you.
    Samantha_1629

Answer by Samantha_1629 at 1:33 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Nope you are not being a crazy hormonal pregnant lady. Don't put up with that kind of behavior. If he thinks he can get away with it he will only continue to do it. And since you know that you can't live in such a way you must make it clear to him.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 1:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No you're not being unreasonable. Being wild and "having fun" is all fine and dandy when you are young and have no serious responsibilities...but once you start a family those things need to end, or at least cut down to a bear minimum (not including the drugs..those need to end all together). There is a little baby on the way which means Daddy can no longer act like a single teenager who just wants to party. He needs to grow up and be an adult and realize that he can't do those things anymore. If he still wants to than fine, he can do them ALONE without a family around.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 1:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Nope, its not just your hormones, that would not fly with me. If you know for sure that happening. Either he needs treatment or you have to decide what you can and can't live with. It's a hard road, to let go someone you love, but you have to think about how much are you willing to accept. good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My husband pulled this with me early in our marriage and I was at home with our daughter....no drugs, just going out wtih the guys, drinking and hanging out, until whatever hour of the night. After fighting with him time and time again and him promising he would not do it again, I had had enough!! The last time he wasn't home 3 hours past when he said he would be, I put all of his clothes out in the garage and locked and blocked the doors so he couldn't get in. He slept in his truck in the garage that night and the problem stopped. Put your foot down and he can decide whether he wants the boys or you.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 2:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• NO you're not expecting too much. You want what's best for you and the baby. And Mr. Man needs to understand that life can and will go on without his sorry ass. I did it. I was pregnant with my son and booted the husband smooth out on his hindquarters and filed for divorce. He was doing and selling drugs and seeing his ex in MY house when I was at work. Oh hell no. So I went on my own through the pregnancy and when my son was born his lungs were failing him and he was dying. My son's father, the husband I was divorcing...never bothered to show up at the hospital. My son is 8 and he has still never met my son.

You stand up for yourself. If he is like this now it only gets worse. Stand up. Good for you. But once you stand up be prepared for things to get worse for awhile before they get better.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:26 PM on Jul. 10, 2009