baby in the pool!

Is it okay for babies to be in a pool with chlorine in it? My friend has a pool that has a new type of low chlorine water. Would you let your 4 month in the water??

silvia316

Asked by silvia316 at 1:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yeah, as long as you keep their head above the water, my DD loves to swim and her fist dip was 3 months and she was mad when we took her out. Most babies LOVE the pool, it could be good for your baby.
    Anonymous

• I took my son to our city's pool when he was about 8-10 weeks old. He was fine. I didn't have him in the water too much because it was cold and he wasn't thrilled about it, LOL.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm not a doctor but, I would think it was ok as long as the baby didn't drink the water. My son is 11 months and we let him in the water but we have a salt water pool with no chlorine.
    Dylanmom731

Answer by Dylanmom731 at 1:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I would take my kids! Only concern I have ever had is too much sun (my kids are PALE) or getting too cold. As babies they tend to cool off SO quickly.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 1:37 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Go for it. My little one loves the pool. Just keep in mind its play time and if they dont like it dont force it.
    cmtjenn

Answer by cmtjenn at 3:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009