now that I'm working my child hasn't been minding me like she did before I started working. What can I do?

i started work about 2 1/2 months ago and I have noticed my daughter doesn't listen to me like she did before and I don't want to keep getting on to her and I don't want her to think I'm being a mean mommy. What should I do?

203

Asked by 203 at 1:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd try positive rewards.Like giving her praise for doing the things she should.Or when she is helpful and kind.Some kids yelling makes it worse.Call her your big helper.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• it's bc you are not giving her constant reinforcement now. She'll adjust and it will be fine again

Answer by admckenzie at 2:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Being a working mom is hard and its hard on your lil girl to because she misses you. One thing I found out was that when i started working again I "spoiled" my son more because I felt bad that he was working and I could tell he missed me and that hurt. I just had to learn to stick to my guns and not give in because I felt bad for not being there for him because i worked. You'll get back in the grove again and your daughter will be more understanding of you being gone. Good luck
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• If you don't have to work then don't. Your child is more important then a little extra money.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009