Why would some one post a post and then get so offende by objectivity?

Regaurding a post resently close about freedom of speech.

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• LOL! Well, they closed the post before I could post this...but I'm betting it's related to the other definition I found...

Main Entry: per·se·cu·tion complex
    Pronunciation: "p&r-si-'kyü-sh&n-
    Function: noun
    : the feeling of being persecuted especially without basis in reality

Merriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, © 2002 Merriam-Webster, Inc.
    Cite This Source
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I think opinions are like @##holes, everyone has one and everone's is different.
    I don't get it either.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:55 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Notice the key word in that definition is 'reality'...something so many people seem to NOT be living in these days...
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 1:56 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• LOL I totally agree, but I also hate when someone does give a different opinion and THEY get mad, LOL! Can't we all just state our opinions and not have to resort to name calling and childish acts?! LOL I guess not!!!
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 2:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• the only thing about post in general that bother me is when someone doesn't answer the question but only leaves a bunch of hateful stuff regarding the poster or a group the poster identifies with. objectivity is not a probelm, i enjoy contrasting answers that give me something to think about even if I am already strongly for/agaisnt something. makes me think they couldn't come up with an intelligent factual answer or at least a grown up opinion,  so they resorted to personal attacks, that is just annoying to read through.

Anonymous

• Some questions are asked for advise, others are posted for debates. OP's and responders need to understand the difference.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 4:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Ok anon the post I am refering the one who started the personal was OP as well the post was set up perfect for a debate
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• The way I see it.. People are entitled to an opinion. But if you post your opinion, be prepared to get questions... It's dialogue. Some people take things too personally and fail to see this isn't a bunch of people sitting in a room talking. This is the internet, and each person reads the question with a different level of logic/emotion. In the Political section of CM, take the emtion out of it. Be free to post your opinion, and be willing to stand behind it.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Well, there is a blaring example of irony. You make a post about freedom of speech and then you don't allow freedom of speech. It is almost so ironical that it is a parodox!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009