what to do when your friends kid is hurting yours?

my friend heather has a son whis just about to turn 2 and my son is already 2.
they play alot and her son has an older brother thats 5 and they rough house alot and hit and kick etc. her 2 year old has never done anything but play nice with my son untill last night, i brought my son over there to play with hers and her son kept pushing my son to the ground and hitting him with this little plastic bat on the head! she has 3 kids and hardly pays attention to any of them and acted like it was no big deal and all she said to her son was "dont do that and no" what am i sapposed to do? my son is quiet and gets his feelings hurt really easy. is it wrong for me to want to smack her kid? lol i just want to protect my son and when you see your kid being hurt its hard to know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would confront her about it. Tell her that it really bothers you how her children play so rough with your son and ask her to talk to her son about it. You don't want to ruin your friendship but you definitly don't want your son to get hurt. So do it nicely. Im sure she'll understand and probably agree with you about her sons playing so rough with eachother!
    CourtneyAnn8690

Answer by CourtneyAnn8690 at 2:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• well i have had this prob before some mothers are so stupid but its your right to say somthing to there wasa time that everyone watched of for eachothers children and its was a better time i would tell him owie that hurts when you hit no hitting please (you must tell him what he did was wrong everytime first its not his fault) then if it continues you tell your son that it isnt ok for people to hit him and if they do you dont play with them, then you take him aside and play away from the other kids. because of the fact the the child hitting isnt trying to be mean and doese want to play he will come over and try to play again (make what your doing fun) tell him when he come back if he wants to play then he cant hit. and if he continues to hit your reapet what you alrady did. the hitter will feel left out and will corect himself soon. this may work but its up to the mother to disapline his and you should talk to her about a
    mommommom1988

Answer by mommommom1988 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• time out for her children
    mommommom1988

Answer by mommommom1988 at 2:28 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I just wouldnt let my child play alone with another child that hits or pushes him, but if shes your friend it will be hard but just tell her that you cant let her kid play with yours if he keeps hitting your child.
    Anonymous