2 year old at the movie theater?

Has anyone tried to take a toodler to see a movie? My son is 2 and likes to watch tv so we were thinking about taking him to see Kungfu Panda today... ???

BeckNAiden

Asked by BeckNAiden at 11:06 AM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Bring some extra snacks and toys in the diaper bag & try to arrive in the theater right when the movie is starting... you wouldn't want him to get bored before the previews are over. Don't go anywhere near naptime, and don't make him stay to the end if he's clearly not into it. Good luck! Hopefully he'll enjoy it!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:10 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Sure. My kids all went to the movies at that age. Bring a book to keep him occupied during the coming attractions but once the movie starts he should be ok. The first time its nice if you have someone to help. If he gets fussy just take him out into the hall or if he seems not to like it you can always leave.
    Eliza34

Answer by Eliza34 at 12:00 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• We took our 2 year old to see Ironman, and he loved it! He got a little antsy during the slow parts, but overall he was great. We had a whole row to ourselves, and you just have to pick the right times to go. I like going when it's slow and not a lot of people are there. The less people in the theater, the less people for your toddler to piss off!
    armywife85

Answer by armywife85 at 12:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• If he can sit still through a movie at home, he can probably sit through a movie at the theater just fine. Enjoy!
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 1:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I actually just took my 20 month old to Kung Fu Panda and he really loved it. We went during the day when there were other moms there with their kids so they did not mind him talking and laughing at the movie. I made sure he had plenty of snacks and drink so he had something to do during the slower parts of the movie. I was really nervous because it was his first movie but he really had a great time.
    rasbneon

Answer by rasbneon at 2:54 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• Sure it is better than most resturants if it's a children's movie. I always sat the popcorn on the lap (outta the bucket my "lil ones love that".
    Michelle
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 10:32 PM on Jun. 23, 2008