How many of you have Daughter's under 12 months with her ears pierced??

My Daughter is 6 months and I was thinking about getting her ears pierced. They have kits you can buy that come with a piercing gun and 14kt gold earrings and ear care and you can take them to your Childs Dr and have the Nurse pierce them. I talked to her Pediatrician and he said it's perfectly fine and in HIS opinion it's better to do it when their little because to them it's just natural and all they have ever known and you have less infection because they don't mess with them. So my question is how many Mom's have a child under 12 months with their ears pierced and how did they do?? No bashing on why it's their bodies or how could you do that to a baby blah, blah, blah, it's my child and I don't want to hear your negativity....please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was 4 months old and did great (alittle crying but that was to be expected) and then again at 4yrs. Yes I had to do the double pierce I know it might seem too adult for her but I think she looks just as cute. She's now 6.blowing bubbles

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I just want to say that if you opt for piercing her ears try to use titanium. They can be bought in the mall piercing places. I had to have my ears done 3 times. I was older though the very first time I think I was 10. They got infected. I think I was just allergic to gold. The second time they got infected too. So when I was in high school wanting to get it done again I asked a lady about it who was there about what I should do. I always cleaned my piercings very well. She said to try titanium because that they use that with a lot of body piercing and they don't cause infection. I guess no allergic reactions. So I would try titanium just so you don't risk infection or have an allergic reaction. I didn't get my daughters ears pierced but I am going to let her do it when she is older. That is just what I want to do. I think babies with their ears pierced are super cute though :) Good luck!
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 2:34 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Sooooo TACKY!
    Anonymous

• Anon 2:36 why is it sooooo tacky. You're tacking!
    Anonymous

• I think that making a permanent body change should be the decision of the person, not the parents.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:48 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• It's damn frickin tiny a** hole in the ear, damn. Some act like that is the worst thing in the world. Find something else to do besides judging other people and what they do with their kids!!

Anonymous

• wow, great way to tell your daughter that she's not good enough the way she is.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my DD is 4 mos. old and I got her ears pierced about 3 wks. ago. They are 14K gold and fine, but be absolutely sure her head is straight when they do it. I don't get people's issue with it. In my culture/family it is a tradiition, similar to attending church or having a bar mitzvah. People who balk at it are close-minded and culturally offensive. To me, it's very strange to wait until a child is 13 yrs old to pierce their ears. I really don't get it, but I don't go around cussing them out or making insensitive comments. As to the argument 'wait until she decides herself' ummm, how many women do you know w/out ear piercings? You can't even buy clip-on earrings anymore and talk about tacky! AS for the 'permanent body change' it is a microscopic hole! I"ve had mine pierced since I was 1 day old and have never had any problems with them at all.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:18 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Oh and I went to the mall, sorry for not adding that. Just be sure her head is straight and the marks are even. My DD has never messed with them.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:20 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My dd was 11 weeks.......she did awesome. a couple whimpers......no tears....and then a happy baby....she still hasnt messed with them and she is 7 months old now. we got them done at claires.
    TNT8687

Answer by TNT8687 at 5:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009