How many people have a date night with your husbank once a week just you two?

I really want to do this but it seems unrealistic with a kid. Maybe every other week or something. I feel like we need that time together to do something fun alone or maybe with friends.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you're right. My husband and I need to start planning something at least once a month once our baby is a little older...if we had family to watch her I'd be ok with leaving her now, but she's just 6 weeks old so I don't want to leave her with a sitter...If you have a way to do it you should! I feel like I haven't even LOOKED at my husband since the baby was born!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• do you have a friend, neighbor or family member you can trade childcare with?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• We used to have date night once a week and his brother would come over and watch Kaylee for a couple of hours, or if we were lucky his mom would offer to take her over night. It did wonders for our relationship, and now that we stopped doing it I notice a huge difference and I think we need to start doing it again.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm lucky if I get one every few months. I lost all my babysitters but thankfully some ladies that work with hubby have offered to babysit for free when we need them so hopefully we can do it once a month.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• we go out as a couple just the 2 of us once a month...and with our son once a month to dinner and what not(my son is 2) but once a week(a week day) we make it a point to stay up after our son goes to bed and talk for about and hour or so and play a game like yatzee or spades
    Mamaof2boys0709

Answer by Mamaof2boys0709 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• we stay up usually 2 hours later than our kids go to bed so we have time just the two of us then. But we usually go out alone maybe twice a month or so.

Answer by missanc at 3:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Yep- hubs and I still have 'date nights'--- although alot of times the 3yr old is with too (my older 2 boys usually go to my mils on fridays-- the 3yr old can't stand her and won't stay with her). Sometimes my mom will take all 3 boys and hubs and I go out alone.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• We get every weekend to ourselves and that is really nice but its only because my ex husband gets my son on the weekends. It was rough at first because I wasn't used to not having him like that but now I can enjoy it (especially if he's been hard to handle that week..lol)
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 4:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Can't afford to do this the way finances are now.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 7:25 PM on Jul. 10, 2009