My Husband is freaking out!

My Husband came home today for lunch and noticed that our 13 month old Daughter's toes were painted. I didn't think it was that big of a deal to ask him before I did it. It's the first time I have done it and we're going to a wedding on Sat and she's wearing a pretty pink dress and I painted her toes to match. He says she's not leaving the house until I remove the polish. Is it really that big of a deal??

mommymine3

Asked by mommymine3 at 2:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in General Parenting

• He's being a protective daddy. It's not worth fighting over. Give in to this one. Save your arguments for the important stuff.

Momtocccd

Answer by Momtocccd at 2:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No, its really not that big of a deal. We bought my daughter flip-flops (she is 14 months old) and my SO suggested that I paint her toes to match mine. She hardly sticks her feet in her mouth so I don't see what the big deal is.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• No. It's not that big a deal. He is over reacting. Big baby. It's not like you painted his toes and bought him pretty shoes to match. Goober.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Well, it's a big deal to him. Is it worth fighting over? Your daughter won't care if her nails are painted, but she will care if you and your husband argue over it.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• He said she's going to grow up too fast and she's just a baby.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I paint my SON'S toenails. It isn't a big deal. Your hubby is over reacting.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 2:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Her growing up too fast happens whether nail polish is involved or not. It's called life and if you don't stop to pay attention to it, it passes you by.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Tell him she's most likely wearing it. No one marries a 13month old so he doesn't have to worry about his baby daughter being scooped out of his life any time soon. I'd tell him your gonna have a great time at the wedding too bad he's gonna miss his pretty little one!
    Anonymous

• purpleducky:

Why would you ever paint your son's toe nails???
    Anonymous

• Your husband is over reacting, it's not like you're putting makeup on her, tell him that painting her toenails isn't going to make her grow up too fast.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009