Are ab exercises safe while pregnant?

BillmanWife

Asked by BillmanWife at 2:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no way!!! thats so not safe, ur putting strain on the baby
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Look up exercises you can do while pregnant because some ab exercises are great and help you in delivery so just google the ones you can do i hate trying to explain how to do an exercise and i want you to get the info with pictures so you are doing it right. BUt Yes some ab exercises are safe it depends on which ones they are
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• well pregnancy goes on in your tummy, so why put more strain on it then there already is.
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 2:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I was in hip hop dancing tell i was 5 months i think it safe at first and it good to exercises when pregnant it makes labor ez but talk to ur doctor about it
    Anonymous

• I'm not pregnant yet, but I wanted to know because I am going to do Jari Love for a month before trying to get pregnant and than I want to keep doing Jari Love as well as riding my bike while pregnant to stay in shape.
    BillmanWife

Answer by BillmanWife at 3:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• My midwife told me that some ab exercises are benificial while pregnant. You should never do full sit ups! And if you are feeling any pain you should stop for sure! I would ask your doc specifically about what you are going to be doing.

I've never done Jari Love so I don't know what they do but riding a bike is fine until your legs start bumping your belly and you are having a hard time balancing.

I worked out heavily (including some abs) through out my first pregnancy and was in amazing shape right after giving birth and had a healthy pregnancy! (I was used to it before getting pregnant though) I didn't do anything during my second pregnancy and had a very rough pregnancy and am STILL trying to bounce back after 2 years! So it is definatly worth it IMO!
    MandyP27

Answer by MandyP27 at 1:30 PM on Jul. 11, 2009