How many times did you change your babys name before having it set in stone?

How many times did you change it? What did you concider? What did you decide on? I have went from Luke, to Landon, Braydon, Brey, Preston, and now Im set in stone with Braxton.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 2:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Just for Fun

• we had a boy name (still do....) and a girl name.

#1 was born and she didn't 'fit' her name so we changed it. it was originally Susan, we changed it to Susanne. much better.

#2 picked a name - a couple weeks before she was born dh asked if I liked this other name better. i did so thats what we went for. originally Virginia Kelly, to Victoria Lynn.
    # 3 was Elizabeth from almost the instant I found out I was pregnant. Jean....not sure how we came up with that. and she was just an Elizabeth, still is although grampa calls her Betsy lol
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Well when I first found out what it was I went and looked up names that were from my background. And then I came across the name Ava (which is German for bird, and Im german) so hubby loved the name and he wanted to change it to Ayvah, so we had it like that and then at 4 1/2 months we changed it back to Ava. but the middle name was always the same Marie - we did it for his sick grandma, kinda like a memory of her- -she's not dead though lol-
    But it was the same name and only changed the spelling once
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• We picked one girl name and one boy name and when we found out the sex of the baby the name was set in stone. His middle name was a different story.
    cmtjenn

Answer by cmtjenn at 2:51 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Your last name isn't Hicks, is it?
    Anonymous

• A couple of times I think. We were going to go with Gloria Rose (both of her grandma's names), but then SO's mom made a rude comment about the baby having HER name as a middle name, so I said frick it, and changed it to Gloria Louise (My mom's first name, and MY middle name). But, I thought it would too difficult hearing my mom's name (she has passed away), and I didn't want any sadness attached to the baby, so we decided on Victoria Mae. SO liked the name Victoria, and Mae is my mom's middle name.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• growing up I always wanted to name my daughter Arianna Theresa-Marie... well when I got pregnant with a girl, me and her father sat down and talked about names.. and he wanted Hayle in the name because of his grandmother, and I was set on having Theresa in her name because of my grandmother..

so her name is now Theresa Hayle-Marie. lol. (he got Hayle and the last name, I got Theresa and Marie)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 3:40 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• OMG anon thats so annoying. I hav'nt heard tha before! GOOD ONE!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 4:00 PM on Jul. 10, 2009