To those of you who believe churches should be aloud to say what ever they want. Do you ...

believe so highly in freedom of speeach you think this should be ignored?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfDZWMByAU0

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 2:47 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Why would someone BE in America if they want DEATH to America? People no longer feel any allegiance to this country. I wonder how France would treat me or any other country, say Japan, Germany, Russia, if I were to start bad mouthing and publicly begin to say "Death to.." their country? You think they wouldn't boot my butt or throw me in jail or worse?

Oh ok, so we are the tolerant ones. Lets embrace those that wish us dead.....
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Ummm ... How is this "churches"? ... I missed something. Sorry.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 3:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• ??? I'm confused...anyway I posted this video and the article which Fox news put out in relation to last night.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 3:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• What does that video have to do with churches?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:36 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• BTW, are you suggesting churches (who are run by people) shouldn't have the right to free speech?
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:45 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• O.k. first of all do you mean allowed (to permit) or aloud (to speak something)? Just curious.

Second, what in the world does this video have to do with churches? And this is old news.
    Anonymous

• Our country already has laws limiting free speech when it's obscene or dangerous or considered hate speech. You can look up all the legal definitions on these. I learned about them all in my comms law class.

I don't think we need any new laws against churches or any specific group of people on the matter. We have good laws in place, they just need enforcing.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:52 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I'm sorry let be more clear this has nothing to do with It is a comparing study. There was a post earlier on about freedom of speech for christians. My curiousity is I want to know if you think these people should have the same write to post this as the christian church saying one other church is the devil. In a way it is the same These are also verbalizing their beliefs. So do you feel this is ok as well. Both issues are violating our limitations on freedom of speech.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Good post life
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• OP, if you are attempting to compare what a church says, or Christians, with what forgeigners or what I'll be brazen and say "Domestic terrorist" are unabashedly suggesting, then you must understand that you will always find people who disagree, churches who don't agree and speak out, liberals and conservatives, etc, but someone who suggest death, well, that's whole 'nother matter.

I think that if our laws can't stop this kind of video from being perpetuated, then I think public opinion could stop it or at least keep this kind of junk at bay. But you can't find many die-hard Americans who feel so strongly about our country that they will stand when our country's national anthem is played.

We are afraid to speak up against this kind of...I can't think of a strong enough word.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 5:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009