Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where do you get exemption for the shots? I wanna wait

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Answers (10)
  • You just tell the pediatricians office that you don't want any vaccines at this time.

    Answer by CarolynBarnett at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • I know at our dr. office, you just sign a paper.

    Answer by vickwu at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • Im not trying to sounds rude or know it all but I wouldnt wait to get the shots. If they arnt up to date on their shots at school, now a days schools wont let you enroll or daycares too!

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • To be honest, I've done a lot of research on this topic and I would suggest getting their shots the first year. They are standard and getting does less harm then not getting them. And it's only three different times the last being at their 6 month check up. Then it's after a year. Those ones I question and would do more research on but again for the first 6 months I would definitely get them their shots, especially if they are in daycare or around other children who are in school or daycare.

    Answer by CamdensMom12 at 3:32 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • I didn't vaccinate my younger kids - my oldest has autism. For my youngest who is 8 months old we're doing a modified vaccine schedule with all separate vaccines at different times so they are more spread out. We just talked to the pediatrician. When my kids started school we just wrote a letter stating that we have a religious objection (which is the only objection NC will accept - it all depends on your state) to the vaccines.

    Answer by missanc at 4:07 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • Please don't take this as "bashing" but I've done some reading on this subject and the odds of your baby having a negative reaction of any kind to their shots is FAR LESS than the risk you take by not vaccinating them. Just wanted to give my opinion - but good luck with whatever you chose :)

    Answer by stepmom929 at 5:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • WOW. No one actually answered her question, mostly tried to change her mind, and some even offered incorrect information.

    Here is one, for New York, but I'm sure the page can direct you towards what is needed for your state.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009


    Oops, would have helped if I added the address.

    Answer by Krysta622 at 6:42 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • My understanding is if you ask your Peds office they'll give you a form to sign. And as far as schools go, as long as you have that form, they CANT keep the kids out. If they try, pull out the religion card (whether true or not) and they still cant say shit. If not the Dr., try the state health dept. GL.

    Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 10:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

  • Go here to see what your state exemption is:
    Go here to get your exemption for schools/daycares/etc:
    Don't sign anything at the Dr. that somehow implies that you know you are harming your baby by not vaccinating.
    Message me if you have more questions. :)

    Answer by Autumn22 at 12:05 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.