South beach bars / diet.......

My friend told me that she eats the south beach bars because she has to watch her carbs & sugar and she says you can lose weight this way! Anybody tried them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:57 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm on the South Beach plan. You can't lose weight just by eating the bars, you have to follow the plan properly. Yes, you CAN lose weight on the South Beach plan but I'll tell you right now it's not something you can follow for a few weeks then go back to your old ways of eating. It's geared for people who need to watch their carbs and want to learn a healthier way of eating FOR LIFE. Personally, I've had great results with it and I want to eat this way for the rest of my life.

The "low-carb" part of the SB plan is called Phase 1. It's intense but it's short...only a few weeks. Once that's over you begin Phase 2, incorporating healthy carb foods slowly back into your diet. When you have achieved your goals you enter Phase 3 which is the maintenance phase for the rest of your life. Done properly, and you won't want to go back to eating junk food or empty carbs.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:22 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I like 'em they are perfect for when I need something sweet when I'm faced with a tempting situation,they take my urges away except they constipate me because there's a bunch of vitamins in them.It's hard to keep them in the house though your always eating them not for the right reasons.I put mine in the freezer and that seems to help.I think at times I'm too lazy to sit down and eat a good meal and I eat one of those things,which are good but they shouldn't be consumed all the time just for emergencies.I think they are addicting but they have saved me from pigging out on junk so there's pro's and cons.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:49 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I've tried two kinds;peanut butter chocolate soy crisp bar and peanut butter chocolate thick and rich bar,not the name but the texture is chewy like biting down and chewing something for hours,really good but I like the soy crisp ones better.I get mine at Target.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 10:53 PM on Jul. 10, 2009