How do YOU make bbq chicken

Just wondering

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I grill the chicken and put bbq sauce on it everytime I flip it, then I put the chicken on rice and ontop of the chicken I put my homemade mango salsa (but in my salsa I add peaches along with mangos to give it a sweet and spicy taste).I think thats what Im making for dinner 2night
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• my mom marinades hers in vinegar and onion for a while then little before grilling she puts sesonings on it and in couple hours grillis it and she also grills the onion halfs thats been marinating with it, and it's so freaken yummy tender nad juicy I love it, love her chicken I can eat it everyday
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:08 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I buy the chicken and the sauces @ the store...give them to DH and let him loose...apparently I dont do it right

My grandma makes a mustard sauce out of reg mustard and butter--yum!
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 3:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Two different methods in our house. Winter we make oven bbq chicken. Summer we make bbq chicken out on the grill. I have a certain sauce I absolutely love right now. It is Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory Brown Sugar. It is sooooooo good.
    okiemom27

Answer by okiemom27 at 4:13 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I pour BBQ sauce over the chicken (both sides) and bake or make on the grill. If I do it on the grill, I brush some on while it is cooking.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:23 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Blend the following in a blender, then marinate 3-4 lbs chicken parts (I like bone-in for the grill) overnight.

Bi-level cook the chicken parts 'til they're almost done, then slather them for a few rounds with bbq sauce (hubby likes Sweet Baby Ray's, but sometimes I get off my ass and make one) 'til it caramelizes and glazes the chicken.

The key is to cook your chicken 'til it's a hair away from done, THEN add the sauce.

Marinade:
    1 egg, beaten
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1/2 cup vegetable oil
    1 cup cider vinegar
    4 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
    3 cloves garlic, halved
    ground pepper

Whirl the above in a blender, then pour over chicken parts.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009