boosting her brain

okay so hubby told me yesterday that he wants to get my baby thinking really early... And I was trying to look at activities that boost brain development but I could find any. I found eating fish while pregnant. But I like baby Enstine but there are also some down falls of it..the baby will have a delay in talking b/c the shows dont talk. But I was wondering is there anything I can do to help "boost" her learning?

Lovin_mybaby5

Asked by Lovin_mybaby5 at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• any kind of stimulation is going to help her out. Bright moving colors are great.

There is a book you might be interested in, its called

125 Brain Games for Babies

http://www.amazon.com/Brain-Games-Babies-Jackie-Silberg/dp/0876591993

Check it out, its awesome and just what you are looking for I think.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:01 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Books Books Books my DD loves to read & u def will notice the difference shortly. My 18 mo has learned sooo much from all the books that we read so we hit the library weekly & buy used books at thrift stores or at library book sales for really cheap.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:04 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Baby Einstein has been proven completely ineffective. It's just a bunch of pretty colors. Same with all the Mozart crap.

You want to boost her? Read to her. You don't necessarily need to eat fish. Fish oil or other sources of Omega-3 fatty acids work.

The main thing is, though, that all babies are going to develop at different rates, no matter what you do. You just really need to stick to being age appropriate. Reading is appropriate at any age. But you need to work your way up to things like physical shape recognition (aka the square don't go in the round hole), how to stack blocks, or being able to nest things (go from biggest to smallest). She won't be able to really start doing any of it until she can sit up, and most likely, move on her own, so you're going to have several months of waiting time.
    Anonymous

• Geez...read to her, play with her, talk to her.

Baby Einstein doesn't do anything to advance kids, and it sure as hell does not delay speaking. It's a bunch of pretty colors and toys set to music and you can do that yourself with her toys and your own music.

You canNOT make a kid learn any quicker than they are hardwired to do. You can help them along, and not hold them back...but you can't make a kid any smarter or think any more.
    Anonymous