The price of beauty?

I've noticed that many women go through a lot of time, effort, pain and MONEY for beauty.

How much do you spend monthly between makeup, skin care and hair care products?

I spend little to nothing (we're talking less than $10 on average) per month. I've never had the greatest skin, but I've also never understood spending hundreds of dollars on a bunch of products. The most I've ever spent was when I bought my BareMinerals makeup, because most others make me break out, but those have lasted me for more than a year now. Yeah, yeah, I know you're supposed to throw out stuff after a certain amount of months, but it still works, and I've never had problems with it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I am very low maintance in this department as well. I get a haircut every 1-2 years. I buy hairspray but one bottle lasts like 2 months & is only $6. I use cover up & base makeup but that lasts me as well for a few months at a time & I use the cheap stuff which works well for me so maybe another $6. I buy the Victoria Secrets lotions & stuff when they are on sale each year or couple of years so another $25 there & I think thats about it. Besides your normal stuff like deoderant, toothpaste, etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:02 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I spend no more then 25$ a month,but b4 I got pregnant I was spending around 50-80$ a month.thats not including clothes..but I really cut back since bn pregnant
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 3:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I hardley ever buy make up, when I was younger and caked it on I spent a lot of money on it, now I just don't care, I wear enough to make me feel good and that aint much, there are more important things to spend money on like my kids
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:03 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• i don't spend that much. I don't think you need to spend a lot on makeup; just basics are usually enough for me. I probably spend no more than $20/month, if that. Some months are more depending on what I've run out of...
    DCchick06

Answer by DCchick06 at 3:41 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• a month nada i use organic stuff that last a long long time but its really expensive so go get sum oragnic cover up the ugly and ya... lol i'm kidding beautiful you don't need make-up
    BriannaBopp

Answer by BriannaBopp at 6:29 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I spend a bit more because I'm into the natural stuff and want to make sure it's safe when my kids kiss me :)

I send $224 on my 4 step skin care system (Mineral Genesis by Sensaria). BUT it lasts me for 8 months which comes to $30/month. Then I also use a srub (sea kelp scrub by sensaria) and a mask (sea silk mask by sensaria) and that runs me a couple more dollars a month. That plus my mineral makeup by Affordable Mineral makeup and I'm thinking I'm at under $35/month.

Not too bad when you consider I'm using top of the line skin care system with volcanic ash and pure gold in it!
    :)
    I was never one to justify spending on my skin care or beauty products and always just bought what was on sale. But now I am realizing that quality is important and in the long run, I spend less because I'm not trying lots of things that aren't as effective and don't last as long.
    neha525

Answer by neha525 at 6:25 PM on Jul. 17, 2009