Have you watched 16 and pregnant with your teens?

My boy/girl twins turn 16 this month and I can't tell what great dialogue this show has caused in our house. My girl says how awful being a 16 year old mom looks and we talked about waiting and birth control. My boy walked in while I was watching it, sat on the couch with me and it took us 3 hours to watch a one hour episode because be kept pausing to talk about it and about sex and birth control. It was awesome! Has anyone else had a similar experience good or bad?

onethentwins

Asked by onethentwins at 3:12 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I dont have a teen yet but wow thats great. Hope there are similar shows for my DD when she gets to that age. I do think the show is good though b/c it really does show everything fighting, birthing, sleepless nights, stress w/ their family, school, etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• no but I lived it with my dd. That was enough for me. Reality sucks.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:21 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• I am a teen mom and I think the show is great. Some girls think they love their boyfriend so much and what better way to show their love than to have their baby. WRONG! The show really proves how hard it is. I mean motherhood isn't easy for any age but when your a teen and used to going out and doing whatever you want, its extra hard. You have to grow up so fast, and it takes the fathers longer to grow up. I think the show is a great way of "birth control" lol.
    MomAt15woah

Answer by MomAt15woah at 8:43 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• haha.. I watch it with my sister. She's 23 and was one of those girls who was 16 and pregnant.. she yells at the girls that they know nothing.. I just sit there and shake my head at her. It's good therapy LOL..
    Anonymous

• i have a 16 year old girl and a 13 year old boy not only they have a movie on a mother at 16 they also have a movie on a father at 16 they both are excellent movies it opened both of my teens eyes
    bernette

Answer by bernette at 2:52 AM on Jul. 11, 2009

• I have watched it alone and then with my 16yo dd. It is excellent bc! And an important conversation starter. It is wonderful when you can share those types of shows with your kids. I know some of our best talks start that way.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2009

• my dd is only 13 but that sounds like a good idea when she is a little older i know she is not even close to having sex she is considered a immature 13 which i dont call it immature i call it the way 13 year old use to be in the older days and all her friends are no more mature than her. i know they start early these days but i think what u did was give them reality and i think that is great they know the truth and its not sugar coated. you can get pregnant the 1st time. they all need to know that and how hard it is to take care of a baby when your young heck its hard even when your older and ready
    sdeignan

Answer by sdeignan at 6:07 PM on Jul. 12, 2009