Low carb veggies.......

What types of veggies are low carb? Anything green?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I can tell you beans, corn, and potatoes are high carb. Yeah green veggies are great. The more color variety the better...like reds, purple, green, orange, and yellow!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:44 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Starchy veggies like potatoes (white or sweet), peas, corn and winter squash are considered to have significant carbs. As a diabetic I have to be careful of my intake of those veggies. Dry beans & lentils are also starchy but they have enough fiber to make them a good choice for limited consumption if you are on a low carb diet. Carrots are high on the glycemic index but you have to eat a LOT of them for them to be considered high carb. Other veggies are low carb.....tomatoes, onions, sweet bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, cucumbers, summer squash, beets....
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:16 PM on Jul. 10, 2009

• Me and my daughter are on Atkins Diet and we love to eat mashed cauliflower with our dinner. I buy the frozen bag and boil it with some chicken bouillon. When it is really soft I drain, add 1 tablespoon of butter and beat with the electric beaters. Makes you feel like you are eating mashed potatoes. We eat them almost every night and we both still lose a lot of weight every time we do this diet. You can even add bacon & cheese to them.
    msrmdb

Answer by msrmdb at 8:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2009